Puppy Socialization and Manners Class-
socialization and training class for Puppies 10 weeks ( at least 2 rounds of vaccines) to 5 months of age up to date on all vaccines.
NEXT CLASS START DATES:
Tuesday, October 17th at 6:00pm
(we will skip classes Oct 31st and Nov 21st)
Location: Woof! Orlando
Class Length: 6 weeks, each class is an hour long
Class Cost: $200 for 6 weeks
A puppy’s socialization period lasts from approximately 7 to 16 weeks of age. During this time, a puppy develops the seek-avoidance blueprint she will use for the rest of her life when encountering novel items. Since fear is the underlying emotion for most forms of aggression in dogs, this class is designed to expose your pup to as many environmental factors as possible in a safe and fun way. By forming a strong association with novelties and good stuff (i.e. play, treats, & affection) during this critical period, you are helping to insure your puppy will grow up to be a more confident and easy-going dog. This class also focuses on creating a strong foundation of manners and training to help prevent those unwanted behaviors in the future.
- Name recognition
- Desensitizing to: Wheels & Sounds, People (costumes), and handling (trips to the vet)
- Foundation training: Sit, Down, Come when called, and Loose & Leash Walking
- Bite Inhibition
- Managing the Chewing Machine
- Crate Training
- House training
- Preventing Resource Guarding: Leave It and Drop It & Take It
- Problem Solving and Management Solutions for common puppy issues.
*Please check vaccine requirements before registering.